How to Resolve the Browsing Problems?
You get up in the morning, open your laptop to work but suddenly you are not able to open any website in your browser. You have different browsers like Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera and Ice Dragon. You are more comfortable using chrome, but only Ice Dragon can only open your website, and you wonder what is causing this? With a little detective work, we can get to the root cause of problem even if you are not a techie yourself:-
- Check in all your browsers if you there is a problem with one website or all the websites. If it’s just one, then could be a possibility that the website is crashed or having some troubles but if it is with all the websites, then follow the next step.
- Clear all cache and cookies from all the browsers one by one. Every browser has its own way of clearing cache and cookies like for Chrome→ Go to chrome toolbar → click the check boxes for “Cookies and other site and plug-in data” and “Cached images and files.” →On the menu to select the amount of data you want to delete and as per your requirement delete everything. Similarly for Firefox, Click on the arrow next to details, it will display the list of items that can be cleared →now select cache and cookies → click clear now. Follow steps to clear cache and cookies in other browsers as well. This might solve the problem but also will increase the speed of browsing as well.
- There is also a possibility that due to system updates, the browsers have stopped working. Try turning off all the security utilities on your computer and see if the problem is solved. If not, then try restarting the computer in Safe mode, but use the option as Safe mode with Networking or else you might not see any differences.
- If still there is a problem, you might need to see more technical related solutions like repairing and resetting your TCP/IP Stack. The windows socket API should define how software should access internet services, especially TCP/IP. TCP/IP is a kind of communication language that internet uses. It can easily get corrupted that can cause problems with internet connection. Try these steps to restore it. Go to command prompt → type CMD to open command window and right click to choose run as system administrator → Type netsh winsock reset in the field and hit enter → Type netsh int ip reset and again press enter → restart the computer. Most of the time it works. But still you can check the DNS Settings.
- DNS is known as Domain Name Server, the job of DNS is to convert the URL name like www.google.com into IP address, which is required for actual communication over the internet. Test it by typing IP address of the website in URL search box. If you are still not able to open the site, you might have corrupted the DNS settings, which can easily happen after installing a new hardware router or Internet sharing software. You can check for the steps for DNS repairing on the internet as per your OS.
- If still there is a problem, uninstall and reinstall all the browsers.