Facing Problems With Downloading YouTube videos? Here Is What You Do
In case you are one of those people who like to watch videos on YouTube every day, then you would know how irritating it is to download a video from it.
YouTube is one of the vastly used video watching, uploading and sharing sites in the world. It is also one of the best medium to learn or showcase your talent across the globe. Many people have also YouTube a medium to promote their business by making videos of their products. Children can watch cartoons or study with the help of YouTube.
Housewives can watch their favourite shows episodes if they have missed on a day. So, it is one place where you can find anything and watch everything. But if you want to download a video you face troubles and you are zapped, the reason it is causing a problem. Just to update, the YouTube site does not allow you download videos from the site. But if you are a real fan of YouTube, then you can find many YTD (YouTube downloader) in the market to download files.
There are various reasons why it can fail. Let us look at some reasons why you are unable to download a video.
- First of all, check the version of YouTube downloader. You need to use the latest version in order to download videos. You can do this by going to help in the menu bar and check for the version.
- If you are trying to download videos from YouTube in Chrome, then Google does not allow you to download videos through chrome. You can try another downloading app to download videos. There are various kinds of chrome extensions that allow you to download a video from YouTube. You can also use YTD application to download videos
- Open chrome and find YTD in the search box. Press enter
- On the top middle portion of the screen, you will be able to see four options: All, Extensions, Themes and Apps.
- Select the chrome extension as “YouTube Downloader”
- Click on the blue colour button right next to YTD Free+
- Chrome will look for your permission to install the extension. Click Add
- On the upper right hand corner of chrome, you would be able to see the extension added
- Now go to YouTube and find your video that you want to download. You will successfully be able to download videos
- Firewall or antivirus can also cause downloading fail. You can need to add YTD in the list of allowed programs in order to continue using it. If the problem is still there, try turning off the firewall or antivirus
- As the last solution, you can also run a registry clean up. But, before that, uninstall the YouTube downloader and reinstall after the cleanup.
These are some things that you can try if you are unable to download videos. Else you can also try it other browsers as well and see if you still face issues.