How To View Hidden Files And Folders In Window Vista
The older versions of Windows Vista might contain bit complex method to show your hidden files and folders. By following the steps which are listed below, you can spot your hidden files and folders:
- Firstly, move your cursor to the bottom left corner where you can see a Window’s sign and click on that Window’s sign.
- By clicking on it, you will see a ‘start menu’ where you can see the ‘control panel’ option just below ‘my computer option,’ click on it.
- In control panel, you will see the ‘appearance and personalization’ link. Click on it.
- Then under the ‘hidden files and folders,’ you will see a follow up option- ‘show hidden files and folders.’
- After selecting the option, click on the ‘apply’ button and then ‘ok’ to confirm it.
- Also note that you have to uncheck the boxes, which say hide the extensions for unknown type and also hide protected operating system files.
Then you are good to go.
There is also another way by which you can show the hidden files and folders using shorter and easier version as it cuts down few steps in the above procedure.
- Go to documents or any other folder in your Windows vista.
- Click on F10 button on the keyboard. You will now able to see a menu at the top second row, which was hidden earlier.
Click on the tools > folder option, then click on the ‘view’ option and follow the steps after 3rd step given above. You can easily see your hidden files and folders.