Getting Started With Your New Printer On Windows 8
If you have recently bought a new printer or upgraded your computer to Windows 8 and now you want your printer to be installed, then following these steps will help you to achieve your goal.
Installing printer is not tough. All you need is proper connection from printer to the computer and printer drivers so that you can print easily. When you buy a new printer, you would receive a printer, a power cable, a data cable and a software installation CD. If you have bought a wireless printer then, you would not have the data cable. Also, nowadays many companies do not provide CD for installation. You can easily find the drivers link on the manufacture website and all you need to do is install the drivers directly from their website. Here are step by step instructions for Install a Wireless Printer on Windows & Workarounds:-
- First of all connect your printer to the power source and switch it on.
- Since you are installing a wireless printer, make sure that it is connected to your local wireless network at home or office.
- Once you have the printer connected with the network, you need to goto to the website of the printer manufacturer.
- You need to search for your printer model on the website under desktop Printer support & Downloads
- Once you have found the printer model, you would find the drivers on the same page for download
- Click on the link of drivers. It will start installing automatically on your computer. However, you need to know certain configuration of your system because drivers for each configuration are different. You need to look out for the one that suits best with your computer.
- If you are not aware of the computer configuration follow these simple steps to know:-
- Right click on my computer icon on the desktop
- Select control panel
- Go to systems and security. There you can find the information about your computer
- You can even right click on my computer icon and click on properties. You can find information about your computer there as well.
- Once all the drivers are installed, try printing a test page to check if the printer is working fine with your computer. Just go to any document or excel sheet. Click on file and click on print. On the screen, select your printer from the drop down menu. Now click on print.
- If you are able to print a page without any problem that means the printer is installed correctly and you can start printing. If you face any issues, then refer to the troubleshooting guide on the website itself. Usually all printer websites have troubleshooting steps mentioned to help customers. If you are unable to understand instructions, then you can call customer care and take help from them.
Some computers today have built in drivers. For installing and using the Windows Built-in Print Driver, connect your printer and computer through a USB cable. The built-in drivers will be installed automatically.