How to Resolve Troubleshoot Startup Problems with Repair Tool in Windows
When you get issues with troubleshooting your computer, you can use the Startup Repair provided in the Windows. This tool allows the computer to detect all the problems and helps to boot the computer successfully by fixing most of the startup problems.
If you want to know how to do it appropriately, check out the methods below.
Booting with the Startup repair tool in Windows 7
- Error Recovery
Many times, the computer shows you an error recovery screen in case the computer doesn’t start. This Error Recovery screen allows you to use the Startup Repair option and troubleshoot the Windows again.
- Advanced Boot Options
If you don’t get an Error Recovery Screen, then, you need to go the Advanced Boot Option. For that, you need to shut down the computer completely through power key. Now, push the power key again and keep clicking the F8 key until you see a screen Saying Advanced Boot Options. Here you will find the “Repair Your Computer” option.
Click enter to choose this option.
- As you hit the “enter”, the computer will start loading files.
- After that, you need to choose the right keyboard as your input method. Then, press Next.
- Log on as a local user or as an administrator. Press OK.
- Then, you will find multiple options regarding the System Recovery.
- Click on the Startup Repair option to start the troubleshooting.
- Give some time to the Startup Repair to detect and fix the problems.
- If you see a System Restore option, just cancel it and let the tool working.
- Confirm your restore point by selecting the most recent date. Click finish.
- Now, you will get a message saying that the process was successful.
- However, if you get a message saying that the problem can’t be fixed automatically, you need to get remote support from the professionals.
Booting with Startup Repair in Vista
In the Windows Vista, you need to try booting from the installation disc in order to reach Startup Repair.
Follow these steps:
- Pick the language, time, and the keyboard input method. Press Next.
- Now, click on the “Repair Your Computer” option.
- This will take you to the System Recovery Options. Click next.
- Begin the Startup Repair or pick any other option you want.