Changing the login credentials in Windows 8 or Windows 10
Forgetting your password is a common problem that most of the computer users suffer, especially if you have recently changed the password or the password is difficult to remember due to its difficulty level. But thankfully, if you have another user in Windows 10 or Windows 8, you can ask the other person to change the password for you from his user account. Windows provide this feature of changing password by user who has administration privileges. Let us see, how you can change it: –
- Go to control panel of Windows 8 or Windows 10
- In control panel, click User accounts and Family safety
- Now go to manage user accounts
- Since, there is more than one user, you would see the number of users listed there. Select the user for whom you want to change the settings. Remember, the user should have password protected listed. If you don’t see it, then it means that the user does not have password setup and he/she can go directly further
- Once you click the account you want to change, you would see make changes to user name
- Click change password
- Enter the new password in the front and second text boxes
- The last text box, would be to type a hint question. You don’t want to do that because you are setting password for another person.
- Click change password and exit out of the window
- Sign out and restart your computer
- Try and logging again with the new password. You should be able to go through.
This usually helps the user to get through, but if you still feel the problem is not fixed, contact remote support or call our toll-free number.