What to Do When You Find a Blue Screen Error On Windows XP
The blue screen error on your computer can cause data loss. So, if you have this issue, then, carefully understand and follow the steps given below.
Before going any further, you should know that there are two situations that you can find here. One is when you are able to restart your computer successfully. And the other is when your computer doesn’t restart after the error.
You need to go through a certain process for each situation in order to get rid of the blue screen error.
When the computer restarts after the blue screen error
If you are able to restart the computer after the error,
- Reach the My Computer.
- Do a right click and find the ‘Properties’.
- Go to the advanced tab in the properties.
- Then, reach the Startup and Recovery to find the System Failure.
- In the System Failure section, you need to uncheck the ‘Automatically Restart’ option.
- Now, restart the computer again.
When the computer is unable to restart after the error
- Boot up your computer by pressing the F8 button.
- As you reach the Advanced Options menu, click on the ‘Disable automatic restart on system failure’.
- Inside that, you need to select Windows XP as your operating system.
- Press Enter.
- You will see a blue screen error with the error message.
- Note the message along with the error code.
The solution depends on the message and the error code here. Hence, if you don’t have any idea about the computer’s technicality, you can call the remote support.
Our technicians are always there to help you. Just call us on our toll-free number for immediate assistance in restoring the computer with all the data.