How to Get More Disk Space on Your Windows 10
Your hard drive has filled up completely and now you don’t know how to save more files. Well, this is one of the most common issues computer and laptop users face.
Here, we have accumulated all the right steps to get more space on your hard drive. Check out and apply on your computer.
- Use the Disk Cleanup
Disk cleanup is an amazing tool that comes built-in with the Windows. It automatically removes all the unnecessary files and increases the disk space.
To use this tool, you need to go to the start menu. There you can search the term ‘Disk Cleanup’.
After the scanning, it will show all the cached files, downloaded updates, temporary files and even the files in the recycle bin. Your job is to select the boxes and delete the ones that you don’t want on your hard drive.
You can also go a bit deeper and conduct a scan for old system files. Deleting the old versions of Windows creates a big space on your hard drive.
- Uninstall large size programs
If you are looking for a quick availability of space, then, this is the best method for you. Follow these steps:
- Go to the start menu.
- Search the Control Panel.
- Find the option called ‘Uninstall a program’ inside the control panel.
- As you see the list of programs, rearrange it according to the size.
- Remove the large programs such as games and applications that take multiple gigabytes.
For faster results, you can also use an Uninstaller program to remove the many programs at once.
- Rearrange the System Restore Space
In windows, automatic restore points are collected to have a backup in case of a faulty driver or program installation. Rearranging the space taken on this tool can get you more space on the hard drive.
To do so,
- Go to the Start menu.
- Find the ‘System Restore’ option.
- Inside the system restore, you need to find the System Properties on the System Protection tab.
- Here you can click on the ‘Configure…’ to see the space taken by this tool.
- Rearrange the disk space according to your requirement.
Remember that the system restore is important. So, don’t disable it totally. Just adjust the space, so that, you can get more space on your disk.
- Delete old backups
The disk space gets filled with the old backups for multiple software. You can achieve a good amount of disk space by deleting the old versions of the backups. However, you can keep the recent ones.
So, that’s how you can get more space on your hard drive. Apply these methods or call us on our toll-free number for assistance.