Steps to perform if your computer is giving performance issues
Slow computer performance issue is a common problem that is faced by most of the computer users. This is because over the years there are so many cookies, cache or unwanted applications or programs that get installed on our system and makes it performance slow. Here are some tips that can help you resolve the issue:-
- Clean up the disk – If your system is taking a longer time in processing your request, then it’s a sign of slow performance issue. There are some steps that you can take to know the root cause of the problem.
- Perform a search in a search bar on your desktop and type “disk” or “disk cleanup”
- Run the disk cleanup
- You would be asked to select the files you would want to delete (usually it would have all the temporary internet files, cache or windows temp files)
- Select the files and click on delete
- Uninstall unwanted programs – We all usually have programs installed in our system that we no longer required but they are definitely eating a lot of space in our computer’s memory. So delete all the programs and applications that you don’t require anymore. Follow these steps to delete it:
- Goto Control panel
- Select add/remove programs
- Look at the list of applications installed on your computer and then select the ones you don’t need
- Right click and click on uninstall
- Restart the computer post un-installation
- Run a computer diagnostic program – Your system could also get slow because some of your hardware has gone faulty. For this you would need to run a system diagnostic program that is available in all computers. All you need to do is F12 key the moment you start your computer and see the logo of your computer manufacturer.
- Thorough clean your computer – We all keep working for hours or days and we don’t realise the dust build on our systems. Blocked air can cause serious performance issues and can even cause damage to any of your internal hardware. Hence, you should clean all the vents from the back, front or side of your computer clean all the dust, but make sure that you have unplugged your system from power source.
- Increase virtual memory allocation – By equally dividing all your data on the allocated drives would help in boosting your system performance issue. Here is what you need to do:
- Right-click the Start button to open the Preferences menu, click System.
- In the System window, note the amount of RAM installed in your system, then click Advanced System Settings. The System Properties window opens.
- Under the Performance section, click the Settings button. The Performance Options window opens.
- Click the Advanced tab then, click the Change button. The Virtual Memory window opens.
- Uncheck the box for the “automatically manage paging file size for all drives option.
- Click Custom size radio button.
- In the Initial size field, type the amount of RAM that your computer has, in megabytes.
- In the Maximum size field, enter up to three times the amount of RAM installed in your computer.
- Click the Set Button Then click OK to close all the Windows
- Restart your system for the changes to take effect.
If you are still unable to resolve the problems, contact remote support or call our toll free number.