How to Make a Wi-Fi Hotspot on Your PC
Do you want to connect the internet on your phone or tablet through your PC?! Then, you need to turn the laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Here we have all the information on how you can make a Wi-Fi hotspot on your PC in multiple versions of Windows.
Setting up a Wi-Fi hotspot in Windows 10
To create a Wi-Fi hotspot in Window 10, follow these instructions:
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Find the ‘Network & Internet’ option and click on it.
- Then, go inside the ‘Mobile hotspot
- In the Mobile hotspot option, you need to click on the drop-down menu called ‘Share my network connection from’. Select a connection according to your requirement.
- Now, it is time to click on the Edit option to add a new network along with name and password.
- This will generate a new virtual connection via your PC.
- Finally, you can turn on the ‘Share my internet connection with other devices’ available on the top of ‘mobile hotspot’.
Setting up a Wi-Fi hotspot in Windows 8 or 7
Here you need to ensure that the laptop or PC is connected to the router or the Ethernet cable. Then, follow these instructions:
- Install a software on your laptop or PC to set up the hotspot.
- Enter the name of the new network and password for the hotspot.
- Go to the ‘Shared Connection’ menu and click on the Wireless Network Connection.
- Now, you can start the installed software and connect to the hotspot via other devices.
While these instructions will help you a lot in making the Wi-Fi hotspot, you can also contact the remote support in case of any problem. Our toll-free number helps you to connect with the qualified technicians. You can seek help from us.