How To Fix The Windows Updates Fail To Install Issue
When you are unable to install Windows updates, try following things to fix the problem.
First of all, you need to clear all the temporary files and internet cache. Then, reboot the system and try to install the updates again.
If step 1 doesn’t resolve your problem, then, you can try disabling your Firewall and Anti-virus software. Now, try to install the updates. This should help.
Even if you are unable to install the updates in the first attempt, try twice or thrice. Many times, the third or the fourth attempt gets successful results.
You can also use the patch to fix the problem. Search the patch on Microsoft through the Update KB number. When you find it, download the stand-alone installer from it. Now, you can manually apply the patch and fix the problem.
The Windows Update Troubleshooter of Microsoft can resolve the problem for you. It will reset the complete settings of the Windows Update. And the default settings might fix the problem automatically.
- Make a Right Click on Computer
- Go to Manage
- Reach Services
- Inside the Services, you need to stop the “Cryptographic Service”.
- Also, change the name of the folder “Catroot2” available in the C:\Windows\System32\Catroot.
- Now, reboot the system again.
- Try to install the updates again. It should regenerate a new folder and install the updates.
- Go to the C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log
- Find the most recent entry at the end of the log.
- Note down the error codes written next to the failed updates.
- Re-create a new WindowsUpdate log file in case of too many error codes.
- Open the new log file to see its contents.
- You might see, “WARNING: Failed to find updates with error code XXXXXXXX”.
- Now, make the right click on Computer, then Manage to enter the Event Viewer.
- Go to the Applications and Service Logs from Event Viewer.
- Then, to the Microsoft, from where, you can reach the Windows.
- Inside the Windows, you can find the WindowsUpdateClient, under which Operational option will be available.
- Here you can find the critical warnings and follow the directions from the Windows Update Error Codes to fix the problem.
One of the given methods should work out for you. If not, you can call the remote support. Our toll-free number is available with the qualified technicians.