If you want to create multiple monitors on your computer, then, let us help you out with our information.
- Make the connection
First of all, you need to connect the external monitor cable to the video port. This video port can be on your laptop or another laptop.
- Complete the configuration process of the Display Settings
As soon as you make the external connection to a laptop, the default settings provide the mirror image of the monitor. On the other hand, you can drag a window from one monitor to the other, in the case of a desktop computer.
To do so, you can follow one of the following methods.
- You are required to close all the programs that are open.
- Click on the Windows Logo along with the “P” available on your keyboard.
- Now, you need to select one of the following options.
- You can select the “Computer only” option if you want the screen image only on your monitor.
- The “Duplicate” option provides the screen image on both monitors.
- The option called “Extend” allows you to drag the window from one monitor to the other by using the “Title bar”.
- “Projector Only” brings high-resolution image on your laptop that is used as the external monitor.
- Close the programs like the previous method.
- Do a right-click on your desktop in order to find the “Screen Resolution”.
- After clicking on the “Screen Resolution”, you need to select the Multiple Display to find the drop-down list.
- Here, you will see options called “Extend These Displays” and “Duplicate These Displays”. While the first one allows you to drag the window from one monitor to the other, the second one provides duplicate images according to the resolutions.
- Now, you need to select the “identify Monitors” in order to ensure the numbers of the monitors according to their physical location.
- Adjust the resolution by clicking on the “Resolution” and selecting “OK”.
- You can click “Yes” if the settings are according to your desires. If not, then, again, select Win+ P to change the settings.
- Finally, you can restart your computer to make sure that the changes have been saved.
If there is any trouble in the process, call us for our remote support on the toll-free number.