Creating a system backup via recovery disk allows you to replace the hard drive and start fresh. However, there are multiple ways to complete the task. Here, we have provided all the methods that you can use to create a system backup on your Dell laptop.
Follow the steps given below:
- Go to the Start screen to search for the “Dell backup & recovery software”.
- Open the application.
- Inside the application, you will find the option called “Reinstall Disk/Rescue Disk”. You need to click on it as well.
- Now, you are required to pick one of the options among USB flash drive or the discs.
- Once you have picked the desired option, you need to click on the “Continue”. But it is important to ensure that the USB drive or the DVD has enough space.
- Then, you can attach the USB flash drive or insert the DVD.
- After that, you need to click on the “Start” option.
- If you are using USB, then, you need to select “Yes” when notified of the data loss from the drive.
- Let the task get completed. And then, click “OK”.
In the second method, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the “Dell Backup and recovery software” just like the previous method.
- Find the option called “Recovery media” and click on it.
- Select the Factory Backup that allows you to create a backup of your OS along with the pre-installed apps and drivers. However, the option called “Apps and Drivers” only creates the backup of the pre-installed apps and drivers.
- After selecting the Factory Backup, you can pick one option among USB flash drive or Discs.
- Click on “Continue”, after ensuring the enough space.
- Now, you are required to insert a blank media for the recovery backup of the OS. Don’t use the CDs or any other rewritable media.
- “Start” the process by clicking on the option.
- Select “Yes” if notified about the data loss in the drive during the use of USB.
- Let the process get completed and then, click on the “Ok”.
Now, you have created the system backup successfully. However, if you find any problem during the process, let our remote support help you. We have the toll-free number available here for you.