To help out with the webcam issue in Dell, we have created a few useful methods. You can use them and get the functionality back.
- The first thing you need to do is uninstall the current webcam software. Then, install it again and see if it works.
- Now, you need to check whether the camera in your Windows 8.1 is working or not. If the problem is not with the camera, then, your problem will be resolved by installing the dell webcam software.
If the problem doesn’t get fixed with the first method, then, you can try the Run Dell PC Diagnostics. To do so:
- Go straight to the support page of the Dell.
- Find the option called “General Support” and click on it.
- Inside the General Support, you pick the “Laptops” option. This will lead you to the “Select your product”.
- From there, you can pick your Dell model.
- Now, click on the “Diagnose an issue” and pick “Webcam” to select the “Run Diagnostics”.
Give it around five minutes. Hopefully, this will resolve the problem.
- Click Windows + R and type the “devmgmt.msc” to reach the device manager.
- Among all the options, you need to find the “Imaging devices” and expand it.
- Then, do a right-click on the Webcam option. This will open the option of uninstalling. Click on it.
Now, you need to install the latest driver.
Hopefully, one of these tricks will help you resolve the problem. However, if you have any trouble conducting the tricks, call us. Our technicians will help you out. So, call us on our toll-free number to get rid of the webcam issue.