One of the more common USB device problems is that sometimes they lose the connection and stop working. As you start the Windows, the devices stop working after a while.
To resolve the problem, you can use the following procedure.
Disabling the power management
Sometimes, the computer disables the USB when you are not using it. In this situation, the USB functions get compromised. Hence, it becomes important that you disable the power management on the USB, so that, it works properly.
- Go to Start menu and find the option called “My Computer”. Do a right-click on the “My computer” option.
- Now, you need to select the “Properties” and click on the “Hardware”.
- Then, reach the “Device manager” and click on it.
- Here, you are required to double-click on the “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” branch.
- As it expands, you can right click on the USB Root Hub and find the “Properties”.
- Find the “Power management” in the properties and click on it.
- There you need to deselect the option called “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
- You can repeat this process for every device and finally, click “OK” to save the changes.
In case you have any trouble, call us on our toll-free number for remote support.