In case, you are having trouble getting the function from the Wi-Fi driver on your Lenovo computer, we have the solution. Follow the step-by-step process we have here for you and manually get the new driver that works properly.
- Uninstall the current Wi-Fi driver
Since the program is not working properly, you should uninstall it. To do so:
- Start the Windows.
- Login with the administrator account that you have.
- Select the “Start” option and go to the “Control Panel”.
- Now, you need to see that “View by category” is the one you have.
- Then, click on the option called “Uninstall a program”.
- Choose the “ThinkPad Wireless LAN Adapter Software”.
- Here you can select among the options “Uninstall” or the “Uninstall/change”.
- Finally, you need to follow a few simple instructions that your system asks in order to complete the task.
- Restart your computer after the completion of the uninstallation procedure.
- Download the new file
You can use the Internet Explorer and the Windows Explorer to download the new file.
- Go to the manufacturer’s site to download the file.
- You can click the file name and follow the instructions that appear afterward.
- Select “Save” when asked to choose between Run or Save.
- After the completion of the download, you will see the message confirming that.
- Extract the new file
To extract the file, follow these steps:
- Login as the administrator.
- Get to the folder where the downloaded file is available.
- Find the downloaded file and make double-click on it.
- Do as the instructions ask.
- When asked to “Select Destination Location”, pick “Next”. However, you can select “Browse” in order to find a different folder.
- When asked “Ready to Install”, select “Install”. This will extract all the files that you selected in the previous step.
- Install the files
- You need to ensure that the “Install…now” options is enabled.
- These select the “Finish” option and let the installation complete.
- Restart your computer again.
Follow these steps and you will get rid of the non-functional Wi-Fi driver. However, if you need further help, call us on our toll-free number.