You switch on the laptop, but the screen doesn’t show anything except for a blank black screen. The power light is on, which means that the laptop is getting the power. So, in this situation, you need to conduct some inspections and resolve the problem.
Here we have provided multiple processes that can help you resolve the issue.
- Check the display
First of all, it would be nice if you check the display properly. Damaged display can be the reason why you have such situations. To check the faults in the display you need to boot the external display on another external screen. In the case of faulty display, you are required to replace it.
- Have a look at the BIOS
The inspection of the BIOS would be the next logical step. Sometimes the resetting of the BIOS becomes necessary to resolve the blank screen, no display problem. To conduct the inspection:
- You are required to turn off your laptop and unplug the power adaptor as well.
- Then, you need to remove the battery of your laptop.
- Now, keep pressing the power button on your laptop for 20 to 25 seconds. This will drain all the CMOS battery from it.
- Now, attach the power cable only and switch your laptop on without installing the battery.
Hopefully, this will reset the system and provide the display visibility back. But if the problem doesn’t get resolved, move to the next step.
- Inspect the RAM
Most of the times RAM causes the no display problem. Hence, the troubleshooting process becomes important for the RAM in order to get the display back.
- First of all, you need to remove the battery and power adaptor from the laptop.
- Now, open the case from the back and get the RAM out of the RAM slot.
- Completely clean the RAM.
- Set up the RAM case back in its place and cover it as well.
- Now, turn on the laptop and see whether you can see the display or not.
It is also possible that your RAM gets destroyed. In that situation, you need to replace it with a compatible RAM.
- Test the motherboard
If nothing works, then, you can try checking the motherboard. However, here you will need the availability of the professionals who can help you with the GPU chip and other chip. So, take your computer to a professional and get the repair.
Finally, if you are still not able to fix the problem, call us on our toll-free number.