Along with amazing features, the Windows 10 presents multiple issues for the Dell computer users. The touchpad not working problem is one of the common ones. However, if you have proper guidance, resolving these problems can get easier for you.
Here we have the right tips for you to fix the touchpad problem after the update.
- Ensure that the touchpad is switched on
Most unlikely, but sometimes the touchpad gets switched off. Hence, it would be wise to check the keys available in the top row of your keyboard. After identifying the key, you can push it back and see if the touchpad starts working.
- Check if the laptop supports the Windows 10
It is also important to ensure whether your laptop has the ability to work with Windows 10. You can go to Dell’s official site and check out the list of devices that work with Windows 10.
If you find that the laptop doesn’t support the upgrade, you need to find the new drivers and update your laptop with new versions. This will resolve the hardware problems for you.
To complete the task:
- Go to the Device Manager via the Start menu.
- Find the “Mice and other pointing devices” and then, select the “Dell Touchpad”.
- Now, you need to select the “Update Driver Software” option.
- After that, you need to click on the Search automatically for updated driver software”. This will trigger the Windows to search latest suitable versions of drivers online for your computer.
However, you can directly go to the manufacturer’s website and check out the latest versions of the drivers. From there, you can download and install the drivers that seem relevant for your laptop.
- Go back to the old version
You have the chance to go back to the previous version of Windows within the 30 days of the upgrade. You can go back to the old version and get the performance of the touchpad back
If you have any sort of trouble updating the drivers on your Dell laptop, give us a call on our toll-free. Our technicians have the qualification to resolve your problems quickly.